- THRILLING TO THE T – This fast-paced, action-packed, whodunnit murder mystery will take you on a wild, wild ride! Brooke Donovan, popular girl extraordinaire plummets to her death after a scuffle with her boyfriend at a party. And to nobody’s surprise, the police pin it on the boyfriend. But are things EVER what they seem? Put your detective glasses on and nab the perp with Alice and Iris! Make sure you have 4-5 hours on your hands before you pick this one up because trust me, you CANNOT put this down!
- UNLIKELY FRIENDSHIPS – Alice, an elite-class queen bee who’s fallen from grace and Iris, a wallflower with a broken family, strike up an unlikely friendship that’s like no other! Seeing the two cosy up to one other and become the best of friends made my heart melt with joy! 🥺And Alice getting inducted into Iris’ group of nerd buddies? GIVE ME MORE! I am a huge sucker for friendships in books and the authors have handed it to us on a platter! chef’s kiss
- AGATHA CHRISTIE REFERENCES – The authors have done a great deal of justice to the title with a ton of Agatha Christie references peppered throughout the book! Alice is a huge fan of Christie’s and if you are one too, all you need is a glimpse of the title and you’ll devour this book in one go!
- PLOT TWISTS AND JAW-DROPPING SURPRISES – You are SO not ready for the plot twists coming your way! This is one of those books where you don’t see it coming WHATSOEVER! Kathleen and Liz will definitely knock you off your feet!
- A SATISFYING, WELL-CRAFTED MYSTERY – Everything wraps up perfectly towards the end which will make you sigh with relief. The authors have managed to stitch it all up without any plot holes or unaddressed subplots. What more do you need than the satisfaction of having read a perfect mystery? 😌And if your hunger for crime fiction isn’t satiated, don’t fret: book 2 is coming your way in 2023!
TW: This book deals with domestic violence and it’s aftermath. While the authors have deftly handled the same, I would advise you to proceed with caution.
Thanks to HarperCollins India for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review.
The most popular girl in school is dead – and everyone’s blaming the wrong guy.
When Alice Ogilvie ran away last summer, her disappearance was Castle Cove’s biggest mystery. But then her ex-best friend Brooke Donovan vanishes. Initially dismissed as a copycat case, Alice suspects there is something darker at play.
Joined by outsider and unlikely investigative partner Iris Adams, AgathaChristie-obsessed Alice sets out to get to the bottom of what is really happening in Castle Cove. There are clues the police are ignoring and a list of suspects a mile long. But Alice and Iris have no idea just how many secrets their little town is hiding…